Friday, October 29, 2010

Up To Speed

I got my official Lyme Disease diagnosis and began treatment in late July of this year. Currently though, I'm off treatment, because my body is too sick to handle the unkind effects of being slammed by high doses of antibiotics.

All that starting and stopping the medicines (three times to be exact) means the Lyme is having a heyday in my body. This is the sickest I've been yet and I'm unable to stray far from my bed. I haven't been able to leave the house this week except to go to the doctor's office.

The goal for now is to build my body back up with supplements until I am strong enough to try again with the antibiotics.

Recovery from Lyme Disease is painfully slow and, well, just PAINFUL! I'm doing my best to remain optimistic, though. My body screams in agony when I go far from my bed. So for now, I take joy in the fact that my daily to-do list looks like this: curl up under piles of blankets, read my favorite books, watch cheesy movies, and take three baths a day. If I think about it like that, it's not so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment