Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Headline News: Doozers Cure Woman of Lyme Disease


Today was my second day on doxycycline, my new antibiotic, which paired with my old antibiotic, azithromycin, is attempting to knock the socks off of my Lyme Disease! While I don't feel like I'm in the midst of a particularly big herx, I definitely have an increase in symptoms, especially joint pain, which has been relatively quiet lately.

The pain in my body feels like someone is taking a drill and boring slowly into my joints, especially my hip bones. But since my brain doesn't particularly like that visual, and because I have a very vivid imagination, my brain has compensated by replacing that image with one I like better: when I feel that boring ache deep in my bones, I now picture thousands of tiny Doozers, the little construction workers from Fraggle Rock, working hard in my body. The pain I feel is just the friendly Doozers, digging deep in my joints and partaking in a not-so-friendly game of peekaboo with the Lyme spirochetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment