Saturday, February 5, 2011

Keep Smiling

I have been trying to find a way to look at Herxing in a more positive light. I decided today that I wanted to start a "wall of smiles" by my bed-a place where I can put funny pictures and little bits of inspiration to help me when I'm fighting through a vicious Herx. Then I decided I'd rather start a journal so I can keep it and add to it as I go through my Lyme disease journey.

I purchased a beautiful journal tonight, and found a book from the bargain bin on quotes-which I love to read when I need strength-and I fully intend to cut and paste the heck out of that book. I'm so excited to start my Happy Herxing Book! It will be full of things that make me smile. I've got my scissors and I've got my Mod Podge (for all of you non-artsy folk who've never heard of it, it's a type of glue)! Take THAT Lyme disease!

On a different note, I had my second acupuncture treatment today and it was pretty cool. Maybe it was a coincidence because I was already having a good day, but I felt FANTASTIC afterward! It was such a blessing to have an awesome day and it served as a reminder of exactly what I'm struggling through Lyme disease for. It may sound strange, but I forgot that I'm actually fighting for a goal: my health. It's easy to lose sight of that when you've been sick for so long. It was also a little sad when I realized I actually had forgotten what it felt like to feel healthy again!


After my acupuncture appointment, I came home and choked down my new antibiotic, Mepron, for the first time. It is a liquid, and I'm telling you it tastes every bit as good as it looks (whoever said it has no taste lied to me)! It's a lovely neon yellow color and I'm not fully convinced that it's not actually radioactive. I promise to take a picture of it soon!

Like I said before, I've got my scissors, I've got my Mod Podge: Now bring it ON, Herx (but not too much, please)! This time I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. What a great attitude. Attack!!!! Attack the spirochete and win back your health!

    ReplyDelete