Monday, February 28, 2011

You're No Good, You're No Good, Sugar, You're No Good!


Not too long ago, I wrote a post about my little sugar problem (and by little, I mean not even close to being little). Well, well, well-guess what? That no-good sugar, like a bad boyfriend, is back in my life yet again and I'm right back to square one: trying, and failing miserably to kick him, er, it to the curb. Again.

This time, my downward spiral back into Sugarland started when my husband came down with the flu, bumping sickly me into primary caregiver for said-sick-husband, two extremely cooped-up/hyper kids, and me (despite the fact that the flu knew I was right smack dab in the middle of a Herx from a new medicine).

With my husband sick, that left me, me!, in charge of cooking for everyone and not burning down the house. We survived, the house survived, but my diet didn't. I made it through those long days with the help of my friend sugar. Really, there's no need to mention the cookies, tiramisu, Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream, donuts, soda...Oh lordy, that's in writing now, isn't it?!

Today was going to be the day that I would finally muster up the courage to break it off with my on again/off again flame, Sugar. Except, right as I reached for the phone (er, closed the freezer empty-handed), Sugar sent me a text and said he was sorry. He sounded so damn sincere that I told him maybe, just maybe it'd be okay if he stopped over- but ONLY FOR A FEW MINUTES. So he did. And he still hasn't left!

Thank goodness I've got a date lined up soon with a new man, Will Power. Now, where did I leave his number? Maybe it's in the freezer. Next to that pint of Ben & Jerry's. Let me just check...

Will Power? If you're out there, I lost your number! Call me!

2 comments:

  1. Will Power is hot. Will Power is mine. But we have an open marriage so I can share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same struggle here!! But I actually felt SO SO bad last week from all the sugar that this week it's been super easy to forego the stuff in my freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete