Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What Is That Beautiful House? Where Does That Highway Go?

Last week, I left the tub running for over 20 minutes. I've left the sink running multiple times this week. A hundred times this week I've put water on to make tea and wandered away, suddenly jolted by an angry, screeching tea kettle, and then discovered a few hours later that I had made tea and forgot to drink it. Someone tell me why hasn't anyone invented a screeching tea mug to remind me to drink my tea?!

My neurological symptoms have apparently been cranked up to high. I'm perpetually looking for something (Where's my...uh....thingymabobber?), trying to remember why I walked in a room (I know I came in here for a reason, but what was it?), and/or completely losing my train of thought (I started a blog post? Are you sure? ). All of my stories start with "Did I already tell you...?"

In fact, I'm starting to seriously question whether these two little children following me around calling me mommy are actually my children. Did anyone out there lose a very boisterous and always naked three year old? Or a brainiac eight year old whose real name may or may not be Harry Potter?

5 comments:

  1. Same as it ever was. Love you friend. Will call soon. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neuro symptoms are the worst! I hope you get your mind back soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am nodding my head in agreement, Alyson...been there done that over and over and over...and then add Joel's brain fog and the two of os are dangerous together! Hang in there...and keep smiling...you are making us smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are problems? I thought that was normal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been doing that a bit too lately! Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete