Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chosen

I've been down hard lately, but today--after two very, very long weeks and a heart dangerously close to breaking--I was finally well enough to go see my beloved horse, Fjóla, for a few blissful minutes. She's a very affectionate horse and always meets me at the gate. Tonight, though, she was so happy to see me that she came tölting up to meet me at the gate!

Fjóla
Sometimes I catch myself wondering if I did the right thing by getting another horse while I'm still so sick, but then when I see her, Fjóla's love for me erases every bit of doubt right out of my mind and fills my heart with peace. How can I forget about the first time I met her--when she wrapped her neck around my body in a beautiful horsey hug? That little horsey had me at hello!

I cried with joy at seeing my little pony again today. After seeing her for only a short time, I felt as though I had all the fight put back in my body. I didn't realize how drained I had been until I walked away from the barn with the spring back in my step. Fjóla picked me to be hers for a reason. Being chosen and loved unconditionally by an animal is truly one of life's greatest blessings.
 
Now I'm ready to fight even harder than ever. It's been a rough few weeks, but I just keep putting one hoof--er, foot--in front of the other and with every step, I know I'm one step closer to recovery. Thank you to my little Fjóla for renewing my weary spirit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Alyson
    I am so sorry you have been through such a tough time right now. I understand completely and know what courage it takes to keep going...we all do...and it is so sweet that your pony gives you the determination you need to lift your weary body and keep going. Hang in there Alyson...better days are ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you have been struggling so. I've been thinking of you and wondering. I love that Fjóla is yours, that she brightens your day, and gives you the drive to keep fighting.

    I love, love, love the pictures of you and your precious pony. She is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dog therapy, horse therapy...very effective. :) SO glad you were able to see your horse. keep on doing that! And feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete