Monday, August 20, 2012

I don't like this post already and I haven't even written it. So let me start off with something good. Two things I am grateful for about today: (One) a great phlebotomist and (Two) the fact that my horse is boarded right around the corner from my doctor's office. Maybe you've guessed by now that I'm not doing well.

Thursday was my birthday, and I kicked it off with a seizure. I hadn't had one in several months. Friday, I had another seizure. This morning I had two more episodes. Technically, we don't know if they are bona fide seizures. I've heard the terms partial seizures, pseudo-seizures and convulsions. Whatever you want to call them, they are scary.

I was able to get in to see my Lyme doctor this morning and she got to witness an episode. To make a long story short, I have to take a million medicines and I have to have a million tests done. I am nine vials of blood less than I was before my appointment (cheers to an awesome phlebotomist, though, which makes all the difference in the world!). I thought I was going to break my record for most number of vials of blood taken, but, I did not (12 is my record, for the record).

Brief visit with my pony after my doctor's appointment

So...This all stinks, and as expected, I'm scared, angry, frustrated and unhappy that all of this is happening to me. But there's not much else I can do but try to adjust, keep my chin up and stay positive. 

If you want to know how you can help, please consider making a donation in my honor to raise money for Lyme disease research. Feel free to share this post and/or link to my donation page.


5 comments:

  1. Alyson,
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through this trial. I heard a preacher say that you can't have a testimony without going through a trial. You certainly have had your share.
    I do know that God is too good to be unkind, and that God is too wise to make mistakes. I will keep praying harder for you to be completely healed of this disease. God bless you, and keep looking up.

    Love you!!
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you are struggling sweet friend. I hope with your nine vials of blood you get some answers. Happy Belated Birthday. Maybe next year you'll be posting a quite different blog. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so sorry you are struggling now with this Alyson. Man this stuff stinks. It is a blessing you have such a good doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you are having to go through this Alyson. :( I love you and I'm here for you. Just yell if you want to talk. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you aren't doing well =( Praying that God gives you the strength you need!

    ReplyDelete